Every springtime, I dream of what flowers will bloom in my garden come summer. As soon as the first signs of spring appear, I'm itching to get out there and see if everything has survived winter or not.
But when it comes time for gift-giving season (aka December), everyone is already thinking about Christmas presents – not gifts that could wait 'til summer. So how do you find a perfect present for your favorite flower gardener?
What are the best gifts for flower gardeners?
1. Gardening tools: A good set of gardening tools is always a welcome gift for a flower gardener. Look for a set that includes all the basics, such as a trowel, pruning shears, and gloves.
2. Flower seeds: Another excellent gift idea for gardeners is giving them a packet or two of their favorite flower seeds. This way, they can start their own little patch of flowers to enjoy.
3. Flower bulbs: If you know what type of flowers the gardener in your life likes, you can give them a head start on their spring garden with some flower bulbs. Tulips and daffodils are always popular choices.
4. Garden art: Another thoughtful gift idea for flower gardeners is to get them something for their garden that will make it look even more beautiful. Garden statues, bird baths, and wind chimes are all great options.
5 Gift certificate to a local nursery or gardening store: This is a great option if you're not sure what type of gardening gifts the person you're shopping for would like best. They'll be able to pick out exactly what they need or want, and you'll know that it's something they'll use.
6. Flowers: You don't necessarily have to buy flowers for someone who loves plants; you can just send them a bouquet of fresh flowers. It's a nice gesture and will brighten up any room.
7. Books: There are many books available now that feature gardens and gardening tips. These are great for giving as gifts because they're easy to wrap and won't break the bank.
8. Plants: Of course, one of the most obvious ways to show someone you care is by sending them a plant. But if you're looking for something unique, consider getting them a plant from a different part of the world.
For example, if your friend likes tropical plants, you might choose a cactus instead of a regular houseplant.
9. Seeds: Seed packets are another great gift idea for flower gardeners. They're inexpensive and fun to open. Plus, they're a great way to introduce people to new types of plants.
10. Tools: Last but certainly not least, you should never overlook the importance of having the right tools for the job. Whether you're buying for yourself or someone else, ensure you get the right tool for the task.
11. Gift baskets: When you're trying to think of a last-minute gift for someone, a gift basket is an excellent choice. Choose a variety of items that will appeal to the recipient, such as fruit, nuts, chocolate, wine, and other treats.
12. Gift cards: Gift cards are a wonderful way to let someone know you care without spending too much money. And since they can be used for anything, there's no limit to how far they go.
13. Outdoor furniture: If you know someone who enjoys sitting outside, then you may want to consider getting them some outdoor furniture. Chairs, tables, planters, and benches are all great ideas.
14. Lawnmower: If you know someone whose yard needs some work, why not surprise them with a lawn mower? Not only will this help them keep things tidy, but it will also save them time and energy when it comes to maintaining their garden.
15. Gardening gloves: If you know someone who has been wanting to try gardening, then you can help them get started with these gardening gloves. They come in handy when working in the dirt and will protect their hands from cuts and scrapes.
16. Garden hose: A garden hose is a must-have item for anyone who wants to water their plants on a daily basis. Hoses come in various sizes and lengths, so you can find one that works well for the space you're thinking about gifting.
17. Garden gnomes: Gnomes are cute little creatures that add whimsy to any garden. They're perfect for adding a touch of humor to a garden and making it more interesting.
18. Garden lights: Lights are a great addition to any garden. They provide light during the day and create a romantic atmosphere at night.
19. Garden flags: Flags are a simple yet effective way to decorate a garden. They're inexpensive and easy to use, which means you can give them out easily.
20. Garden stakes: Stakes are useful for holding up pots and hanging decorations. You can buy them in many shapes and sizes, so you'll have plenty to choose from.
Things to consider while buying gifts:
1. Don't forget to check the expiry date before giving away your present. This is especially important if you're planning to send flowers.
2. Flowers don't need to be expensive to look beautiful. You can often find beautiful bouquets for less than $10.
3. Be creative. There's nothing wrong with using your imagination to create unique presents.
4. Think about what the person likes and gives them something similar. For example, if you know someone who loves coffee, then you could always get them a nice mug.
5. Consider the occasion. If you're looking for a special Mother's Day gift, you might want to consider getting her a plant. Or maybe you want to get a friend a birthday card.
6. Look around your home first. It's likely that you already own most of the things you need to make a gift.
7. Keep it small. Smaller gifts tend to be better received because people appreciate receiving thoughtful gifts rather than just receiving a bunch of stuff.
8. Give practical gifts. People love practical gifts like books or kitchen appliances.
9. Avoid giving perfume as a gift. Perfume tends to fade quickly, making it very difficult to clean off clothes and other surfaces.
10. Choose quality over quantity. Quality items last longer and cost less in the long run.
11. Buy local. Buying locally grown produce helps support your community and supports farmers.
12. Use coupons. Coupons can really help you save money on gifts.
13. Get creative. You can never go wrong with a homemade gift.
14. Include a handwritten note. Handwritten notes show that you took the time to write a personal message.
15. Go green. Giving a reusable gift makes sense for everyone.
16. Try giving a basket full of goodies. Baskets are an excellent way to include all kinds of different items.
17. Gift cards are a good option too.
18. Check online. Shopping online will allow you to compare prices and find exactly what you're looking for.
19. Shop around. When you shop around, you can usually find some amazing deals.
20. Wrap it well. Wrapping a gift properly ensures that it arrives safely.
21. Remember to enjoy yourself when shopping for gifts. After all, this is supposed to be fun.
The Best Gifts for Flower Gardeners FAQs:
1. What should I do when I'm at the store?
A. Before you start browsing through the stores, take a moment to think about who you're going to buy for. Do they have any hobbies or interests that you share? Are there certain types of gifts that they would like?
Once you've thought about these questions, you'll be able to narrow down your search.
2. How much does it cost to send flowers?
A. Sending flowers is one of the easiest ways to brighten someone's day. However, sending flowers isn't cheap. The average price of a dozen roses ranges from $30-$40.
3. Can I use my credit card to pay for flowers?
A. Yes, you can use your credit card to pay for your order. However, remember that you may incur additional fees depending on how you pay.
4. Where can I find flower arrangements?
A. Most florists sell bouquets and arrangements. They also offer delivery services, so you don't have to worry about picking out the perfect arrangement.
5. How many days will it take for my flowers to arrive?
A. Depending on where you live, it could take anywhere between 1-3 business days for your flowers to arrive.
6. Is it safe to give flowers as gifts?
A. Flowers are perfectly safe to give as gifts. They're often used as a symbol of friendship and affection.
7. What if I forget to put something on the card?
A. Don't worry about forgetting anything. If you want to make sure that your recipient knows exactly why you sent them flowers, you can always add a short message inside the card.
8. What if I don't know what kind of flowers to get?
A. There are plenty of great options available. Roses, lilies, tulips, daisies, carnations, sunflowers, and more are just a few examples.
9. What if I need to send beautiful flowers to multiple people?
A. It's easy to create a group order. Simply select "Send to Multiple Recipients" during checkout.
10. What if I need extra help choosing plenty of flowers?
A. Many florists offer free consultations. These sessions help you pick the right type of flowers for your situation.
If you were looking for the best gifts for flower gardeners, I hope you found our article. These gifts are perfect for any occasion, but they'll also work well as a thank-you gift after a job well done.
So, whether you're looking to surprise a friend or family member with a thoughtful present or trying to treat yourself, we hope you found something useful here. Happy gifting.